View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 11:00 AM   #14

so, I got a new shifter and replacement brake pads over the weekend. took me all of 15 minutes to swap things out. rear brakes are notoriously weak on these bikes, but they are MUCH improved. Shift lever is not rubbing the case and shifting is better too.

I managed to get a 50 mile shakedown ride in. The bike performed very well. This thing just feels so much like the hawk 250, but with enough power to move along very well. I managed to get it up to 70 and no wobbles or shakes. The speedo is 5 mph over the actual GPS indicated speed of the bike. it cruised along at a GPS indicated 55-60 with little effort and I'm sure it could run that speed all day long.

The bike felt good overall, but a few things that still need some attention. I need a wind screen to avoid the wind directly in the chest. I'd like to get hand guards as well, but that's not a necessity for travel right now. I am going to lower the footpegs and also try to move them back perhaps an inch. Right now the rear brake lever throw is quite long and the pad is low compared to the footpeg. this may help with that. (I bet the lever is probably bent a bit)

I'll continue to expand the duration of the shakedown runs to get more comfortable with the bike and ensure it's trip-worthy. Then I'll be doing some portion of the SCAR.
Attached Images

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.