Thread: Moto Cult
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 01:01 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
I am editing this, because I just looked on AliExpress, and they sell all the items that you should need to convert to a cable type" choke ". Just search cable choke.
I recently did a warming up of my motor, about 700 miles ago, and I was hoping to get a steel gasket with the 70mm kit( 250cc), but it came with one similar to the stock one. I still didn't use the rubber O Ring, because with the larger bore, the ORing was over lapping the steel ring part of the gasket. My motor has a completely different attitude now, and will hit top speed faster, and seems" happier " to run at higher rpm, more importantly to me, it holds the RPMs better at higher RPM, like on long hills. The kit I used evidently is supposed to raise compression a little, possibly because the piston has way smaller valve reliefs on it, but I know the all steel gasket would give me more, but I likely won't change to it unless this one gives me trouble. I really don't know how much power, not having the thinner gasket is costing me, but I had enough after doing the motor that it allowed me to go with higher gearing, and still have more road power than I had before. My Hawk now has the same amount of range that I utilize with my KPX. I have never had my Hawk on the interstate, but have had my KPX on the interstate once and for just a short stretch between the Fairplain/ Ripley exit, and the Ripley exit, which is all 70mph, but is hilly, and neither the KPX, or me cared for it one little bit. I noticed that a lot of the cheap carbs on AliExpress with the enrichment valve style of " choke" come with your choice of cable, or pull knob configuration, and many of these carbs are just about like the Nibbi. I figure that if it was worth the price of a cheap carb to you, then you could likely just pull your enrichment/ choke off your Nibbi, and switch it.
The choke kit I got had a plunger that did not work. I detailed my experience in the thread that I linked in my post above. Your experience may vary. Just a heads-up to anyone that wants to do this.
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.