View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 08:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
Not sure if SaferWholesale can sell the bike in California (despite sending it from California per MaxiPad's post.) If they can, that's a great price on what promises to be a fun little monkey bike.

Now if CSC imported the Grom clone, I'd feel a lot more assured given their customer service, support and that they go through CARB testing (so no guessing as to whether you can register it or not in Caifornia) The price would be higher because of all the upfront cost to smog certify a bike. If they could do all that and sell the bike for $2,000 - $2500, I think they'd have another hot seller on their hands.

Maybe so.. However, the genuine version from Honda MSRP's only at $3200 and the Z125 is at $3,000. So for just a little bit more, you'd have a motorcycle authentically built by a motorcycle manufacturer known for their reliability that'd give you high quality components (fuel injection, suspension, etc.), and a high resale value. Locally I can find lightly used Grom's for $2700 obo and I'd bet as the new models start rolling out the used values will drop even lower.

It might be a tough bike for CSC to spoof and make money on, but who knows. I'd like to see them do it.

The part that's starting to get me excited now is the possibility of dropping a Daytona 190 in one of these! Being that the cloned motor in the Vader is a CRF50 knockoff as well as the Daytona 190, I would imagine the Daytona would bolt right up (although there may be a clearance issue, especially as you add an oil cooler and a larger carb). Hopefully more people will buy these and do some crazy modifications to them (someone be my guinea pig)!