View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 10:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot newb View Post
The hub carrier for the Grom should only be around $60 for an OEM one. I've seen photos in Clone groups where the 190 damaged the stock hub or so the posters said. So rather than risk it I spent the $60. I also had the bug at the time. You know? Where you keep dumping money and fixing something for no good reason.
This hits close to home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot newb View Post
I suspect some of the clone carbs are defective. Just I mean, these China parts are night and day if you're used to Japanese products.
Trufax. Though I have faith in my ability to adjust. For 4-wheeled vehicles, I bought my first non-BMW last March (2019). It's a Hyundai Veloster Turbo, R-Spec trim. Pretty happy with that little car. I like it even more when I pay insurance / fuel on the M3.

I actually have complete faith that you would be able to work on a bike transmission. You basically have two sticks with some finger-destroyers on them, then a third stick lives below. The third stick has some two-pronged beefed-up pickle forks (like the food) which push the finger destroyers back and forth. That's about it.

The finger destroyers have these cheeky little grooves so they can combine like Megazord. This allows a free-wheeling finger destroyer to couple with a driven finger destroyer, giving you power output. Megazord combine link highlighted with blue.

Name:  omnomnom.JPG
Views: 1413
Size:  44.0 KB

In other news, my front door got blocked today. See, I have a glass door in front of my... door. The UPS driver must have figured I was not on the interior of the residence because he put the freaking thing right up against the glass. Either that or he/she is a funny guy/gal. It did give me a bit of a laugh.

Also, a shout-out to literally the darkest corner of my home.
Name:  20200427_194307.jpg
Views: 1433
Size:  79.9 KB

It came with a special Carburetor. I have dubbed it, "Y'All."
Name:  20200427_194917.jpg
Views: 1427
Size:  80.1 KBName:  20200427_194934.jpg
Views: 1454
Size:  76.7 KB
It's great because wherever I go, I have Y'All with me!

So far, stator is looking like a direct swap. Hellcat stator Ohms-out higher, so it either has thinner gauge wire or more windings. Since people say the ZS190 doesn't charge the battery below 2k rpm, my bet is on the latter. The Hellcat appears to have a DC rectifrier which means.....
8-pole-capable stator rectifiers are cheap and plentiful! 8 pole stator: ~30 bucks. Rectifrier, ~20-30 bucks.

I looked at the VIN inspection form for the state. It has a field for displacement. Looks like the big swap has to happen after I get the VIN inspection done.