View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 09:37 AM   #6

Easy big knob (idle adjustment)

The OEM idle adjustment screw (slide height) is knurled, But it is still a little difficult to reach, pinch and twist. Good news is that there are inexpensive replacements with big "knobs"! I found one on AliExpress for $2.82 plus a few bucks shipping. It is a perfect fit. To find it, Google:

ZS Racing Motorcycle Carburetor Idle Speed Adjustment Screw For Universal PWK Carburetor

WARNING: This knob will hit the frame on the base Templar. So this upgrade is good for Templar X and Templar M models.

It takes about 3 weeks by US mail, but worth it. Just order it and forget about it. It will show up eventually! There are others out there. Just keep with the dimensions.

I measured the OEM slide screw first. Diameter/length of the nub was good, and it fit in my thread gauge (M5-0.80) so I tried it:

Name:  IdleScrew.JPG
Views: 6533
Size:  100.4 KB

The add on AliExpress shows dimensions, and they match:

Name:  SlideScrew.jpg
Views: 6436
Size:  37.0 KB

Here it is installed
Name:  Idleadjust.JPG
Views: 6521
Size:  179.8 KB

Only one thing to keep in mind... The spring that comes with it it strong and kind of too long, so I reused the OEM spring from the original. ALSO, the thing comes with a nice washer, which I used on the carb side of the spring.

Last edited by Thumper; 03-14-2023 at 10:44 AM.