View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 03:18 AM   #21

So the return trip was uneventful and a lot warmer when coming over the Cabbage Hill area. Riding at night is a different world. I didn't seem to get tired and just focused on not hitting anything and staying on the highway. I can't tell you how much of a relief it was when coming down the last hill and seeing the lights of Walla Walla of in the distance some 19 hours after starting that morning. My thoughts were " you've made it this far , don't crash or hit a deer or get run over by a semi".
I had wondered if anyone would be at the last stop, our starting point where we fuel up for the last time to get the "official" end time printed receipt from the gas pump at around 12:30 am. I had visions of the whole town turning out ,throwing down flowers before me and waving flags as I made my way through town to the Cenex station we started from.
To my surprise the whole group was still there filling out their paper work , having witness sign their forms. They had arrived about 15 min head of me and gave a clapping ovation when I pulled in.
The rest of the town never showed. Vermin.