View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 12:59 PM   #30

Looks like I hamfisted the starter back together and broke one of the brushes. So add another $35 to the spreadsheet for a new one.

I got the exhaust off. After letting is sit with some penetrating oil it came apart with just a little twisting. Gave it few coats of BBQ paint (also found a use my wife's plant hangers. LOL).

Expecting a lot of packages from China this week. Was hoping to have all three bikes almost ready to go by this weekend but I ran into big problems with broken spokes. I got the front wheel of the 150 all done. But found a broken spoke on the back of the hi-bird, and there are several broken on the Baja 125. So it'll be another couple of weeks before I get those parts in. I've only been able to find spokes on AliExpress.

Since I'm dead in the water waiting on parts, I did some mockups of the body work on the 150 using some spare plastics I had laying around. The tank plastics that came with it (that's the only body work it had with it) were broken, I' trimmed up both sides, cut off the forward parts that were broke. It looks okay without the tank cover but there's a huge gap between the seat and tank so I tried it with the trimmed covers. Not sure if I'm going to use them or not. But it looks more like a motorcycle now.
Attached Images