View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 11:51 PM   #17

I got the new stator for the Baja 125. Didn't want to wait so I got it off ebay. It was pricy. The plug was different so I cut the plug of the old one and spliced the wires. Of course, the wires can't be the same colors either but I matched them up to their origination points of both stators. Only real difference was the green on mine was black on the new one. Anyway, wired it all up and still no spark. Tell me it's something stupid like the cover has to be on because I didn't reinstall it. Yet. Tried two CDIs and two coils. The lead to the CDI is putting out 40 to 50 volts AC and the lead to the CDI trigger is putting out a small DC charge (~4). Do I need to set the air gap on pickup for the trigger? It was slightly bent coming out of the box so I just made it 90 degrees again. I've followed all the basic wiring diagrams for the CDI and coil. It all seems correct. I'm going test all my splices again tomorrow and pull the CDI and coil off the 150, even though I'm sure I've tested the ones I'm using on the 125 on the 150 now to be sure they worked.

This bike doesn't have lights, starter, or a battery. It's dead simple, maybe too simple for me. LOL. From the stator I'm using the two wires from the pickup and the AC power to the CDI. One of the pickup wires is also the ground (green on my bike, black on the stator). I don't use the yellow and white wires from the stator as there is no battery or lights. The kill switch is working.
Attached Images