View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnw View Post
Have you had your Zuma clone on the road much, any idea of top speed on flat road? The seat height I saw for yours was 33" and the ground clearance was I think less than the ruckus clone -which is also lighter at about 200# like the CTs, I found that to be a great low weight where 300# dual sport was too heavy - especially to pick up off of your leg on a steep rocky narrow trail next to a 50' drop off, trust me on that one.
Not sure what the top speed is yet, might be a bit before I attempt that, I am a new rider. I can say it gets to 40-45 pretty quick and I have no doubt it will go much faster. I have read that the stock Chinese 150cc scooters generally like to cruise in the 45-50MPH range. With some tweaking they will like to cruise in the 50-55MPH range. Stock top speed is usually around 60MPH. Of course that depends on rider and conditions, but I believe those are solid numbers and not made up numbers. I am 6'1" and weigh 140 and it feels pretty solid off the line.

Here is another video of a Ruckus off road. Again these are only 50cc. Looks like they do alright.

The CVT transmission can be tweaked to perform better for your driving styles. There are different weights, variators, sheaves, contra springs that can be easily changed to adjust performance.

Video of a CVT in action.