Thread: RX3 or RX4?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 06:45 PM   #5

David, my opinion owning both bikes is IF you are willing to reduce your sustained highway speed to 60mph, AND you would enjoy a lightweight all purpose bike for modest offroad, the RX3 will make you smile.
For low speed pavement, and gravel/dirt etc i prefer the rx3 to the rx4 as it’s fun to ride with quick turn-in, flickability, etc.
I bought a new 21 Rx4 in 1/22, bought Tom the 80yr old adventurers rx3 with 29,512 miles on it in 11/22.
The spec sheets on both bikes show overall sizes similar and weight 70ish lbs lighter. Like most of us no test rides until the truck delivers the bike, and upon delivery Wow the light weight was a surprise. When rx3 first arrived it helped usher in the lightweight small displacement adv bikes.
Im kinda like u, i have rx4 as my heavyweight (haha, i sold my 2015 Yamaha 1300 bagger and my Buell xb12xt as the Rx4 is more fun than those were), and when on backroads 60mph zone and below i normally reach for my lightweight RX3 keys first.
Peter gives good feedback he has owned both too.
They’re on sale now and are a pretty complete package for $4kish delivered to your door.
You are the service dept so u have to b good with that