View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 03:37 PM   #6

Thanks for the feedback and good questions!! I was planning on bringing my jetboil and cooking on the road as I have a very limited diet due to food allergies, but I should be able to get by without cooking for most of my meals. Good points on the restaurants as it would definitely make packing/unpacking much lighter and easier. Luckily I'm not much of a coffee drinker so I should be good to go without the coffee necessities.

I am planning on bringing my camelbak and I bought some of those flavored electrolyte + caffeine tabs that are "safe" to use in the camelbak to ensure I stay hydrated and alert.

As far as service goes, I'm planning on doing all of the maintenance/service work myself, so I will have a toolkit with me and, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I'm hoping I will be able to tackle anything that comes up on my own.

I don't own a rain suit, but I have waterproof jacket and pants along with a set of frog toggs that I was planning on bringing along. I like the idea of booties and mittens to help keep the extremities dry warm and dry.

Setting up and tearing down camp in a timely manner is my goal so I can spend more time on the road and don't want to be riding in the dark. I'm hoping to work on this a bit more in the coming weeks with my backyard camping practice.

As of right now I'll be solo for the trip, but I'm planning on doing the Baja ride with the CSC folks, so it may work out where I meet others that are doing a similar trip and may end up having companions for some of the ride.

Quick question for you all... if you get caught in a downpour, do you still camp or do you look for a dry place to stay for the night? I'm torn, but am thinking I may just need to factor in a good, dry night of sleep would be better than suffering through a wet night camping?
'02 Yamaha YZF 600 - dirty
'15 CSC RX-3 Cyclone - orange