View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 10:57 AM   #4

3. Fabricate the top front engine mounts. This will be necessary due to the fact that the OEM top front engine mounts are not long enough to reach the recess into the engine where the engine mount bolts mount to these mounts. I re-installed the engine via the rear and top mounts only, used cardboard to get a general idea of the size I needed, cut it to fit and then poked holes into the cardboard exactly where the mounting bolts go through. Then I took a piece of 3/8" stock steel I purchased from the hardware store, cut it to fit with a cutoff wheel on my angle grinder, checked fit, then ground it down the rest of the way with a bench grinder to where it fit perfectly. I then drilled holes through the steel using carbide bits and an electric drill. This step will also give you a chance to check that your lower frame engine mounts still fit after repositioning them and re-welding them back in. Make sure to put the engine mounting bolts through those lower frame mounts to ensure a good fit. See photos below of fabricated front upper engine mounts below.
Name:  IMG_1980.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  1.07 MB

Name:  IMG_1981.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  1.00 MB