View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 07:58 PM   #30

First real problem with the scooter:

I noticed the scooter was having a slightly tougher time during the beginning of acceleration where it kind of hopped a bit before continuing to move forward sometimes. It was also having a tougher and tougher time getting started until recently it suddenly started dying while in idle and had a reduced power output at max throttle so I pulled it off to the side of the road. After letting it be off for a bit it would settle down and ride again pretty well. Today it started cutting out right in the middle of the street and I had to start it by using the ignition and throttling it a decent bit to get it going again from rest. After I left it off for awhile it just straight up would not start until I maxed the throttle and held the ignition for quite awhile and I had to keep it from idling or it would die on my way home. It was working fine at max throttle right until a was a block or two away from home and it died even with max throttle after it lossed a significant amount of power. It now no longer even turns on. From what I've read there are two things that could be causing the issue. One is the valves need adjustment after all this time or the piston/rings are shot and I'm no longer getting any compression in the engine and need to have it replaced. What are your thought on this?