View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 12:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
I picked up this from APSCusa and my son loves it. http://www.apscusa.com/New-Magnum-12...art_p_568.html

It has 3 forward gears and reverse. goes like stink. I would not want my son ( he is 5) in a 13 hp kart. I replaced the belts that came with the kart with 6 point harnesses. Also I got him a HANS device. The kart is very fast. Kids necks are not very strong and the helmets they wear are very heavy in relation to their bodies. So neck / spine injuries are a concern, hence the HANS. LEATT makes a nice neck restraint and it isn't $500+ like a HANS. As speeds increase so to must safety.

(My Bro in law is an pediatric orthopedic surgeon at a children's hospital so we are very safety orientated)
Had my doubts till I looked at it. It does look safe with the roll bars and your harness amendments you described . Sure it could be easily throttle limited too if needed. Dad should keep the keys. Good to teach him on maintaining etc. And proper operation in your backyard for fun times.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~