View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 11:52 PM   #10

Took a wee trip on the angry kitten to the my local emissions place where they performed a VIN inspection.
They marked the year as 2019 which concerns me a little, since I think the title is going to say 2020 (build date 9/2019). They also marked it as a scooter, which I find hilarious.

Maybe is is a scooter, who knows? That just means I will have a really fast scooter.

Also, got the shift star fix done while the motor was on my living room floor. 10.9 bolts are next to the motor, new clutch cable is next to the motor, fender eliminator is on, stereotypical grom mirrors are on.

Now with the VIN inspection over..... IT IS TIME. Stator swap, gear indicator swap, and motor.

I have Kitaco brackets for the oil cooler, but the mount points on the included oil cooler do not line up. Am I about to drop $200 on a Kitaco? Oh heck no!. I'm going to fab up a way to use the oil cooler as it sits. Hoping that I get a letter from Q9 with my MCO, etc in the next 24hrs so I can get plates and be on the road!

After that,
Bearings (where I have garage space), axles and swingarm bolt (where I have space), cush drive (again, space), front fork oil. I will have to evaluate how everything sits at that point before going further.