View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 02:00 PM   #5375

Wow AdAn82, that was might quick to put the bike through break-in! Well done!

I think you'll notice a little better shifting after changing your oil, especially when you move over to synthetic. I was having some difficulty finding neutral also on my bike, but the combination of break-in miles, synthetic oil, and tightening my shifter all helped to make it easier to find neutral.

I totally agree with you... the bike really does ride quite nicely. It's more than I was expecting from a a 250cc bike. Not sure if you've made any preload adjustment, but I found that to help quite a bit in terms of comfort on the stock seat. It's still not stellar, but I can spend a bit more time on the seat now. I am (still) planning to upgrade the seat... I just haven't gotten over to CSC to try either of the seat solutions yet.

Glad you weren't hurt during your spill on sand. And glad to read the guards did their job! What's awesome to know is that the guards cost about $44 to replace, so great protection and low cost... what's not to like? My bike saw its first spill without me having put a mile on it. I was backing off the trailer I brought it home on when I hit a bump, and the bike fell away from me. No damage to the bike as the guards did their job. Very impressive (and a huge sigh of relief from me.)

Enjoy the ride! :-)