View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 03:05 AM   #3

While you wait for your account to become active, you can learn how to find the items you want to purchase from the Taobao website. Using your Google Chrome web browser, go to Taobao.com. You can search for items using the text box located at the top of the web page. Using the proper search term is the most important technique for finding the correct parts for your particular motorcycle. For this example I will show you the correct search terms to use for finding parts for the Zongshen RX3 motorcycle. If you have a different motorcycle, you will need to use different search terms.

In the text box at top of the page, type 'zs250gy-3.' The resulting search will yield about five pages of motorcycle parts which fit the Zongshen ZS250GY-3 motorcycle. Even using automatic translation, you will still need to recognize the photographs of the correct parts. If you can't recognize the parts now, you will acquire this skill after you become more familiar with your motorcycle. To advance to the next page, click the 'next' box at the bottom of the web page. To select a part for examination, click on the link for the part itself.

After you have searched all the pages for the first search term, you can try another search term to get more results. Another good search term for the Zongshen RX3 motorcycle is 'zongshen rx3.' Type the new search term in the text box at the top of the web page, and you will get about 8 more pages of parts to browse.

The Zongshen RX3 employs the same NC250 engine as several other motorcycles. Type the search term 'zongshen nc250,' and you will get about 12 pages of engine parts. You must be careful selecting these parts, since some of them will fit motorcycles other than the Zongshen RX3.

All of the items at Taobao are priced in Chinese Yuan. Let's say the price for a particular item is 55 Chinese Yuan. To find the price in U.S. Dollars, open a separate tab in your web browser, and search for '55 chinese yuan dollars.' When I performed this search, the resulting web page told me the price was $8.77 USD at the current exchange rate.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894