View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #849

I use the Shinko tires on my KLR and they are good. They sing a bit at speed but the price is right and they were much better than the OEM Kawasaki tires.

My KLR is the red one. This first photo is the church in San Vincente in Baja about 170 miles south of the border. It's one of the places we'll stop to take photos when we ride our Cyclones through Baja.

The next photo is the Isla Del Carmen, a ship that partially sank off the San Jacinto coast in 1984. That's a bit further down in Baja.

I first saw the Isla Del Carmen in Clement Salvadori's book about motorcycling in Baja. The only difference between his photo and mine is that the salt water had a quarter-century to work its magic on the wreck. The ship had broken into two pieces by the time I took my photo. And, my photo has the KLRs in front of it. I think a similar photo with a bunch of RX-3 Cyclones would look even better.

Both of these locations (and many more) are photo ops that we'll hit on the inaugural CSC Cyclone Baja ride. If you want to see more of the places we'll see on that ride, you can visit my personal site at www.motofoto.cc. A better way to experience the beauty of Baja, though, would be from the seat of your Cyclone. In my mind, I am already visualizing how good the Cyclone will look in future Baja photos. The riding down there is the best in the world, and the Cyclone is the perfect bike for it.

We'll be out in the dirt and on the highway on the RX-3 tomorrow. Watch for more photos on the CSC blog.