View Single Post
Old 11-22-2023, 09:32 AM   #26

Sorry about the thread hijack for a trip down memory lane. But I had a really hard time leaving the road, and these specimens demonstrate the reason why, in spades. Hre is another intersting find I picked up one Winter in Fargo ND. I replaced the adjustable windshield with a taller aftermarket version, added a rack and tank bag. I also added custom lower/forward pegs for cruising. The OEM pegs placed you in an aggressive tight crouch. This is the first bike that I experienced a sustained and controlled two wheel drift. It was stable, and thrilling! This bike had a stock mikuni flatslide rack, and it made close to 150hp off the show room floor. Holy cow!
Name:  leftprofile1.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  372.6 KB
Name:  RFprofile.jpg
Size:  378.6 KB
Name:  cockpit.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  319.2 KB

Before that, I built this '82 GS1100G. I found a perfect colormatched Windjammer from a gold wing with a hooded headlamp, added the Kerker header and Amco luggage rack (sliding passenger backrest). Also added a lockhart oil cooler. It was hard to find all of this vintage stuff. FUN project! It was bike of the month (with this picture) on a GS vintage forum I used to be active on:
Name:  1982GS1100GNov2008.jpg
Size:  348.3 KB

I found a vintage Alphabet true tuned 4 into 2 that sounded wicked on the bike. I toyed with that before settling on the Kerker. Alphabet. No kidding!
Name:  GS1100GAlphaLeft.jpg
Size:  182.1 KB