View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 09:23 PM   #7

so...this week I shipped the carbs off to be refurbished. I also located a radiator shop in the area that also works on gas tanks. they are going to acid wash the tank and then reline it. also weld up a patch on the holes. 250 for the carbs. 160 for the tank. Not bad all things considered.

this weekend I'm working on cleaning up the brake and clutch hydraulics. Attached is a pic of the crud that came from the rear brake system. it was the worst, but I still have work to be done on the clutch. the picture makes it look better than it was. it started out VERY milky. I had some old brake fluid which I used for flushing it, then used some good fresh fluid to finish it off.

Front brake was not too bad. just needed new fluid and bled. cleaned up pretty quickly with my granddaughter helping hold the vacuum pump and bottle.

I tried bleeding the clutch and it was a no-go. I pulled all the lines off and they are clear down to the slave cylinder. it appears the master is not pushing any fluid, so I'm going to take it apart and see if I can clean it out well enough. problem is I don't have a pair of retaining clip pliers that will fit down into the area to remove the circlip to get everything apart. I'll run to an auto parts shop tomorrow and see if I can find a pair that will work.
Attached Images