Thread: Moto Cult
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 05:28 PM   #48

Yeah, I didn't want to mount mine low, or where it would be blocked by the fender, so I made up a customized mounting bracket from the bracket that came on the cooler in my kit. I don't have much occasion to idle in traffic, for one, because there's not a ton of traffic in my area, and also because lane splitting is legal here so I can (safely) go between cars to get to the front at a traffic light. Like I'd mentioned, prior to installing the cooler, the only time I'd noticed the oil getting excessively warm was by way of the clutch feel and that was immediately after having just run the bike pretty hard for a few miles at freeway speed, so airflow across the engine wasn't an issue in that case. I figure I'll encounter high oil temps on slow, technical single-track trails where I'll likely be using the clutch a lot. If I notice the clutch feel issue under those circumstances then I may look into installing a fan for the cooler. I'll hold off until I see if it's actually an issue though.
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.

Last edited by superjocko; 03-25-2024 at 06:07 PM. Reason: typos