View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 02:38 PM   #11

If any of you guys have cable operated speedos it was easy for me to slide the wire out of the sheathing. I then smeared it with lube and and put it back together. My speedo now works much better the speed dial doesn't jump around erratically like it used to and as a bonus a lot of noise from the cable was reduced.

Another tip. I was getting some kind of strange vibration at the front wheel. Turns out it was my disc brake pads vibrating. I realized this because the vibration would stop when I applied the brakes. I used some of that red goopy sticky stuff for automotive break pads and it completely cured the vibration.

Another tip while were at it. I filled my inner tubes with the recommended amount of 'Slime' for inner tubes 8 ounces per wheel. This instantly made my bike ride much smoother as the 'Slime' works like a liquid balancing agent. I also hope it solves some very slow leaks I was getting from the tubes. I would have to air up about every two weeks. The smoother ride was pretty dramatic, huge improvement.

/

/