View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 06:04 PM   #15

the 2 cylinder engines have better high rpm top end power.
The singles have much better low end torque. Now, stop and think for a moment. For a commuter bike riding through town, where are your RPM's going to be most of the time? ----> Down low! lol
The Ninja300 has a better engine if freeway blasting or high speed canyon carving is where you will spend most of your time. I use mine like one would a car. To work & back and cruising many the gorgeous back roads here in the Kentucky lake region. So the sub 10,000 RPM powerband is just fine and dandy with me.
Also, and this is nothing but my own personal opinion, but I have a feeling that if one was to buy, say, a Ninja300 (For example) and have to constantly run it at well over 9000RPM's just to keep up with traffic or have any real power, I just have my doubts as to how long the little motors will hold up.

Now, you asked, if I understood you right, that if given the opportunity to do so, I would buy this bike again. The answer to that is a resounding NO.
No, I would not. The reason has nothing to do with any flaw of the bike itself. You see, in August of 2010 I suffered from a very severe DVT (blood clot) in the left leg. The internal damage was so severe it has left me with Post Thrombotic Syndrome. PTS makes ones life a living hell at times. Leg cramps, hard burning stabbing pain on the inside of the left thigh, and a weakened leg muscle is my new normal.
The doc prescribed compression stockings, and I have many. Do I wear them? No! LOL I HATE wearing them! Hot, itchy, and always sliding down to my knee. I do wear compression socks a lot. They suck too! Just not as bad. ANYWHOOOOOOOO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have learned after my 106 mile ride yesterday that the CB300F (or ANY bike with the sport bike riding position for that matter) puts me in severe pain after about 30 min. Witch SUCKS, because I am wanting to ride across the state and ride the "Dragons Tail" among other places. No, the little CB will not be with me much longer I fear. Almost want to cry over it.
It does do a SUPERB job of getting me to work & back. That is only a 15 min. long ride each way, so no issues there.
Now, want to know something seriously sad, my old "WILL 200 Dual Sport" that I traded in on this new Honda I could, and did!, take on a 2+ hour ride, with NO leg pan at all.
Damn my luck.

I am going to try something before I depart with this bike. IF, IF it works, I will post it here. If not, I will say nothing more about it. Simply because it is a wild silly concept I have and must try, but will require building myself. I am going to take my rear passenger pegs off, just the pegs, and fabricate a bracket to mount them up in front of the engine. I have spent over an hour with a tape measure, pen and paper, and head scratching and am making a place to mount the pegs out in front of the crankcase at the main frame. Thereby giving my legs a set of pegs to stretch out cruiser style and rest on for longer straight line trips. The pegs will fold back when not in use, and everything will be black and almost hidden when not in use. After a bit of internet searching, to my knowledge, I can not find anywhere where anyone has done this before. Cruiser style pegs setup on a sport bike. May be a dumb idea! MIGHT work like a charm! --- shrugs --- Never the less, time will tell. :-D