View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #1

Louis's 2015 Honda CB300F thread

As stated in another post, I have traded the 2014 "Will" 200cc Dual Sport in and purchased a brand new 2015 Honda CB300F.

Here is my initial thoughts after a few rides around town:
If one is looking for a motorcycle that floats down the road like a Goldwing, the CB300F is not for you.
If one is looking for a motorcycle that goes from 0 to 60 MPH in sub 6 seconds, the CB300F is not for you.
If one is looking for a motorcycle that goes 100+ MPH, the CB300F is not for you.
However, if you are looking for a bike that is extremely nimble, lightweight, very low center of gravity, handles like it is on rails, and can blast you from
0 to a speeding ticket in town in 2.7 seconds (don't ask) then this IS an awesome choice! It is illegal here to split lanes, however I could not imagine a cycle with any better precision and slim width to do this with than a CB300F. To me, it just handles better in the city or through heavy traffic than the Ninja 300 I rode for 30 min. around town. And has very noticeable more low end ( 2000-6000RPM) grunt than a Ninja 300. Now, if you are a Ninja lover, please understand, I am not a Ninja hater!!! I love them too! It is apples to apples. You simply CAN'T go wrong with the Yamaha R3, the Honda CB300F / CBR300R, or the Ninja 300. ALL are great bikes! But they each have their own uniqueness about them. All out flat out 0 to anything power goes to the YamahaR3, screaming high speed / high RPM blasting through fast hard corners or cruising long distance at 80+ MPH goes to theNinja, and most comfortable most nimble in town easiest to handle, can and does go 80+ with the greatest of ease, with lightest weight, lowest center of gravity, Honda CB300F/CBR300R. And this statement is made with many professional's backing up my own opinion. Just watch the You Tube reviews. Don't put much faith in ones from individuals like myself. Watch the ones made by the true professional Motorcycle reviewers. ( I love the guys at Motorcycle.com. They seem unbiased and honest, albet, they favor the 600+ cc "big bikes" )

Will update as updates worthy to report come along.