View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 01:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatgm1 View Post
i bought one because im fine with it, i just want to compile a list of compatible parts from reputable household-name manufacturers. if a part breaks and i replace it with a part thats built better, it wont break again. i am not assuming any of these parts will break, i am simply trying to prepare for the possibility that they do. being well informed and prepared seems like a good thing.
jmo, what I think your asking really does not exist

hawk= honda model xxx
bashan storm= suzuki model xxx
etc, etc.

the thing is these bikes are a mixture of some current parts that will fit on current bikes and also a lot of parts that have long been out of production by the big 4 jap makers. (available on the "chinese motorcycle" universal market).

i have been running my bashan blaze for 1 year over 6k miles and the spokes are the only thing i have had to replace. (and the oil). i have elected to change the chain and sprockets and speedometer because as you say, higher quality concerns but that info i have had to discover on this site (and really up to the consumers choice by option such as tires). the rest of the parts are specific to the bike such as the plastics so hard to say that it really compares to an existing jap bike.

unfortunately, it has been my experience that parts compatibility are replaced on a case by case basis.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~