View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 02:44 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Well, in my case the adapter clamps to the hub inside of the spokes and 3 bosses stick out through the spokes for the sprocket to bolt to. This is the one I had to buy because my Hub is a goofy diameter, so instead of one of the cheaper ones, I had to shell out about double. Thankfully this is a good high quality unit.
https://www.bikeberry.com/products/b...37807830761638

The other style I was talking about for the disc brake hubs is this. It bolts on where the disc would go and the sprocket bolts to it. Depending on the bike or wheel hub you may or may no be able to run a disc with it. This particular company offers three different rotor offset options depending on wheel and tire setup.
https://mbrebel.com/product/medium-3...tal-thickness/

Im perfectly fine with the idea of using the disk flange as the drive flange and just live with the rim brakes on the rear with a disk brake front end if i were going gas powered like you. From what i have seen the electric kits use the same rubber flange set up so at least that part might be standard between the two. If so i would probably look at just solid mounting the sprocket and leave the brakes alone. As it is i happen to have disk brake type wheels on my Supercycle XTI when its supposed to have non disk wheels like the SC1800 im looking at doing the Ebike with. As it is im thinking i might convert my Triumph dual suspension bike first as the electric power would def help off road with it.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)