View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 10:13 PM   #20

It's a WELL MADE bike

Now that I'm getting to put a few miles on the bike:

I've had mine taken a prat, removed all the plastic, the carb, changed the tires and rear wheel, installed headlight modulator, relay's, re-shaped and covered the seat, installed bar risers, removed all the crash bars for re-paint so I've been "into" the bike and I can say it's well built, even over built in some ways.

That rear passenger grab rail/top box holder... Man if you ever want to shed some weight that's the item. The Tourfella racks would drop weight for sure; that grab rail thingy must weigh 67 pounds (I swear, maybe 67.5), it would make a great Bruce Anchor for any boat up to 23 foot.

The wire harness seems sufficient, better than that old KLR I once had. And there is plenty of wire under the tank to allow for a one inch bar riser as I did, no strain.

Somethings could be better, at least for me. The OEM bags leak, could be better but as a standard item they are ok better than none for me. I will probably change them next year.

Now that I got the carb and performance issue taken care of I can say it's a very good bike for the money, I'd be willing to bet that this actually starts a new class of adventure bikes. With the spreading of the RX3 around the world as it appears to be doing, I'd think other manufactures might go this way, there is a real market for this, not everyone wants, needs or can afford a 1250GS or Tiger or the other BIG bikes.
www.medicalmissionmatters.org