View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 12:28 AM   #1

Doh! Need help wiith parts for Enduro Hawk 250cc Please!

Hello everyone I'm very new to dirt bikes and the Hawk 250cc is my very first bike. I have been enjoying my bike for a few months now but sadly I went out of town for the weekend and it seems my younger brother decided to take my bike out without any knowledge of what he was doing. Needless to say he banged it up really good. I'm not sure what exactly he did but I think he ran it into a tree or something of that nature. So when I got home to my surprise I found my Hawk beat up pretty bad. The front rim is bent completely out of shape, tire is off the rim completely. Inner tube is blown out. Front forks are bent and the piece that holds handle bars, front forks and houses the ignition is completely broke. So as i stated I'm new to the dirt bike world and I'm having a lot of trouble finding replacement parts to try and fix my bike back up. The main part I'm having problems locating is the one that houses the ignition and the forks run through. I also would like to know since I'm having to change the forks anyway if someone might be able to recommend better ones than what came factory with the bike as when I was riding they would always seem to bottom out over bumps and cause the tire too rub on the wheel guard. I really don't have a lot of knowledge on working on this bike so any advice would be much appreciated. I did put the bike together on my own so I think I will be able to replace the parts myself. I just really could use some guidance on the replacement parts as I have no idea how to tell what size parts i need or how to match these things up or even replace with better parts. I am going to attach some pictures of the parts I am referring too. Thank you very much for any help you can give this beginner rider!! Also feel free so suggest any other modifications as the bike is completely factory still.
Attached Images