Thread: MN Registration
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #10

Re: MN Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhei
Today I got my license plate for my t-motorsports LF200GY-5. It took 2 trips but I got it. There was no engine number on the MSO, which is required here. I think they wanted to see the DOT stamp on the MSO also. I provided the engine number and a photo of the DOT sticker on the swing arm. I also had t-motorsports fill out the MSO (dealer #), which I sent to them after receiving the mc. I also had a bill of sale (not the ebay receipt). They didn't pay any attention to the bill of sale. I'll be happy when I receive the title from the state. They might still want to inspect my mc.
Back on topic:
Minnesota statute (the statute number is 168A.085 if you wish to look it up) says you need the following to get a title and registration:
-EPA and DOT approval.
-MCO/MSO signed over to your name and address.
-Original bill of sale.
And yes, they will need both the VIN and engine number (the number was the same for each on my Lifan--the VIN on the right side of the frame just below the handlebars and the engine number stamped on the engine just below the shifter). If the DMV worker forgets to take both of these numbers down, the state will be contacting you later to get them before your title will be mailed to you (it happened to me), so make sure they take down both numbers.