Thread: Confirmation
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 10:58 PM   #12

Wires and Connectors

Hi Spud!

Thanks for posting those pictures, Im more a visual learner

Okay, so to confirm with you.. I will need to get only one of these H4 connector. Why does it show two connectors? This connector / connectors will be soldered to the Baja Light wires and then the light bulb that comes with the light will fit into this connector with the 3 little slits in it. Im still confused about why there is two connectors. Also I did buy that super cool LED light bulb that I seen in a post a few days ago. I believe you have one as well or Weld has one and loves it. Will this new LED fit into this connector. The other bulb that comes with the Baja Light Ill just store away later down the road and use as a backup. What is the difference in lighting quality from the bulb that's actually comes with the Baja Headlight, compared to this LED bulb that I got for like 20-30 Dollars. \

I still don't really understand that much about how to hook up the switch / Light etc. The other connectors that you posted http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...ade+connectors

What one is this one for? also where does it hook up too?

Also with this connector
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...ade+connectors

Oh wait I understand now. the top link is the female connector and the bottom is the male connector.

So my question is, what wire would these connect to, and only one wire would go inside? or would it be more then one wire..

Tomorrow when I get some time, Ill take a pic of the back of the bike with the wires coming out for the rear light / blinkers.

Also the front of the bike with the wires coming out.
What I was trying to figure out is that I looked into the electrical diagram for my bike, and I found the connector with the 4 wires coming out for the headlight. I tried to find the power source out of the 4 wires, and I cant seem to get any power out of any wire from that connector.

Im curious maybe it gets the power from the switch to power those 4 wires to make it work.

Anyways that's another day of figuring out. Ill find these connectors tomorrow see if that shop carries any of them.

Oh yeah another thing is that, when I put my back break on will my back rear tail light go on, and how does that work? Is there more connectors or something I need to set up on the rear break peddle.

I also want to take some more pictures of under the seat area there are some connectors there with nothing connected to it.

I also don't know what these things are, Ill send you a picture.
Sorry about all these questions, its all al learning experience for me.

Thanks Spud

Attached Images