Thread: Jetmoto 200
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 07:58 PM   #17

Bring on the questions! We'll answer what we can.

Google a chain measurement chart, and confirm the size you have. My guess is 428. What sprocket sizes do you have now?

The clutch cable (and throttle cable) need to be lubed. I use a cable luber and Maxima Chain Wax on cables. Yes, I use it on chains as well. Good stuff.

The throttle cable needs adjustment. There will be one adjustment at the throttle tube and maybe another at the top of the carb. You might also have one somewhere in the middle of the cable. You need a small amount of freeplay, but the carb must open fully when the throttle tube is wide open.

Those bars are steel and not actually Pro Taper. I'd look for aluminum.

You might find aluminum rims that fit your bike, but I'm not sure where. You might need to lace them yourself. Before making that decision, decide for yourself if the added seat height is a good thing for you.

All of the major manufacturers use aluminum rims. They are not only strong, but they're also more resistant to bending. They flex where steel would typically bend. As well, aluminum is much lighter.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer