View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmReynolds View Post
I agree, Spud's feedback would be great. No reason to abandon the forum because you bought a different bike. Pop in and say high, be neighborly. :-) It has me wondering if the top end rebuild and valve issues finally pushed Spud over the edge to the X-300. Now that the Ninja 400 is out I would wait to see if that makes it to the Versys X.
It would be interesting to hear from Spud, especially since he was the Grand Poo-bah of the Cult of the Zong and had a great relationship with CSC.
That said, Spud was not afraid of venturing out beyond CB's. He had a few Japanese bikes also.
I'd imagine that he's not been here because he's probably been doing an entire catalog of valuable information on the 300 site like he's done here. Just a guess though.
Spud is about the most gracious person I've ever met on a forum. If something distasteful happened that sent him packing from the Zong World, I would never expect him to utter single negative word about it.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350