View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 12:32 AM   #6

Mine is a first shipment 2015. I’m not sure I’m a good data point since I only have just over 1000 miles on it. I had to replace fork seals, the chain (due to tons of stretch) and the orange paint has faded some after using the bike for a few weeks of commuting in the summer (parked outside at work during the day for that time). The chain was no big deal to me, but fork seal and the paint was a bit of an unpleasant surprise.

I’d ride it a lot more, if it had a little more power/torque. I’d sell it, if I could get even a remotely reasonable amount for it. I bought the big bore kit from NZ and will put it in soon. Maybe that will get me on the bike more, especially if it will maintain 70mph (actual) up hills on state highways. I’m generally happy with the bike for light use and limiting to short runs on the interstate. It’s great for BLM/NF roads with a set of DS tires. A 2-3 night trip on dirt roads and nothing really technical is great with this bike. If it keeps the hours off my other bikes and doesn’t prove to be a maintenance headache, I’ll be happy.