View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 11:00 AM   #2

Copied and Pasted from other thread

Math Teacher said:

My 2015 RX3 just rolled over 20,000 miles. Used for daily commuting and weekend road trips in Southern Calif. Fair amount of 2 up riding. Still have the original front tire, but I have changed the rear already 3 times. I had the gear shift lever spring fail at about 12,000 miles and that repair involved some partial tear down to replace. While I was in there I replaced the clutch as well. Did not really need the clutch, but while it was apart I got it done.

That little spring has been my only failure. That spring has been upgraded so should not be a problem for anyone going forward. Very reliable bike.

Valve adjustments require some time to partially tear down the bike to get to the valve covers, after that it goes quickly and easily. I have noticed that the exhaust valve need adjustment more frequently than the intakes. I do the exhaust valves every 3,000 miles with minimum tear down of the bike. I do the intake valves every 6,000 with more disassembly of the bike required. I set the valve adjustment at the higher end of the specification. That gap gets smaller over time as the bike is ridden until out of spec.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350