View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #1

Thoughts on fluid in OCS tube

So I've had my bike for a little over a year and have 14.5K miles on it. On all oil changes I've used Lucas Semi-Synth 10W-40 oil. I never have anything in my OCS tube. I decided to switch over to Rotella T6 5w-40 due to all the great reviews and the low cost. And I did the research and it has all the certs required for motorcycle use. The nice thing is after the oil change I can now find neutral much easier than I could previously. I went for a 180 mile ride after the oil change. The ride had a good mix of back roads, 70 mph freeway and 70 miles of forest service roads. Temp was pretty cool, 40 to 55, but I've done other rides last winter that were as cold or colder. This time when I got home my OCS tube was about 1/3 full. The bottom half of what was in there was white and the stuff above it was clear. I pulled out the plug and it poured out and had the sheen of petroleum based liquid.

Anyone else had this with Rotella? Do you think it's just a temporary issue with switching oil types? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Joe