View Single Post
Old 10-11-2023, 01:08 PM   #15

Update!
After changing all three lubes, the primary dripped a little so I popped the cover to check out the gasket. It was ancient and needed replacing, so I have one ordered. It was a huge cork belt. 1/2" x 1/2" tall and wide.
The clutch is a mystery. Of all the vids and pics I've seen online, I've not seen this. Fortunately, the RE community overseas takes their history very seriously and have tons of documentation. Apparently the safety wire is an add-on by someone. They only safety wired for racing, not for street. Also, the machining marks are done by apprentices with a wooden dowel and grinding compound for appearance purposes, to fancy up the work. Now whether that work was done at the Redditch factory, or by someone later, is yet to be determined.
I'm still waiting to hear more info on this.
I mink oiled the leather cable ties last night to see if I can reuse them but I'll probably replace them with available repops. Take note of the handwork on the backside square nuts. Obviously done to keep them from scratching the frame. It worked. The frame has no marks where these were mounted.
This has been a blast so far and I'm very fortunate that what few parts I've needed, are still available with the click of a mouse.
Attached Images

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350