View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #41

Thumbs Up

For one, to the both of you...

I appreciate the both of you even replying back to me and offering advice - it's been a frustrating experience on this bike so far, so it's greatly appreciated.

I put a Yoshimura RS-2 exhaust on this bike, a new 17T front sprocket, a new gold chain, a new Mikuni Carb (whether or not it's the real Mikuni is up for debate, I guess) and it runs and sounds great.....when it runs.

I had issues with the gas tank not getting enough air and the bike turning off when I was flying doing 45-50 MPH (glad I didn't get thrown off,) I had issues with the screws on the axles wearing down, I had oil leaking from the engine and now I have this fuel tank issue. These are all things, I am surprised frankly, that happened to a brand new bike. And rather alarming to me, as an amateur, that the US would allow a bike of this quality to enter the US and have people riding on.

That being said, I just want to ride this damn bike, normally, for a few months without a single issue...hasn't been the case so far. Jacob, another forum member (nice guy and has been very helpful) told me that this bike was probably not the best buy for someone just getting into this kind of stuff.

Finally, my mechanic told me he has someone who could do the weld. So, to the person who mentioned the weld...yes, it's possible. I just hope that he follows the protocol you mentioned so he doesn't blow up over a $1,600 bike.

As for the weld kit and the other patch ups you mentioned, I appreciate the advice on that, too...I am planning on going to Advanced Auto parts on my break to get the weld kits and deliver it to my mechanic. Hopefully, that solves the problem and I can report back here with good news. If not, the weld may have to be an option.

I want to post a photo here so you guys can tell me how the bike looks when all is said and done.

Thanks again for your help and happy Friday!