View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #38

Send a message via ICQ to J-May
Quote:
Originally Posted by martim View Post
Hahaha! But based on what he told me, you would think it would have to be replaced, right? Have any idea where I could get a part?
A new tank sounds like a good idea. If you're at all handy try to remove the tank from the bike and attempt to locate the exact spot where it's leaking. Empty out all the gas and wipe down the tank so its free from any gas and the film it leaves behind. Then put some liquid in the tank make sure to use isopropyl alcohol in the tank, not a lot a few onces should do the trick.as it won't leave a residue behind and can burn in the engine. Then slowly turn the tank so the seam is vertical and then keeping with the seam vertical rotate the tank slowly until you find the leak. Once you found 1 leak make sure there aren't anymore. After the leak is found use the repair stuff i mentioned.
http://www.edgextremesports.com/fuel...saAh5cEALw_wcB
Permatex can be found all over. Walmart, autozone, O'Reiley's. I think they make great products that work. Follow the steps on the packaging and you shouldnt have a problem. Taking care of that leak. Best of luck!