View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 11:21 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
...What I'm curious about is the contact with the frame requiring that the top of the stand be ground down - especially if the design is such that the existing stands were unchanged and an arm was simply added. i do not recall having such an issue with my center stand.
We must remember, the RX3 was not originally designed to accommodate a center stand. The center stand mounts were originally intended only to aid assembly at the factory. CSC told Zongshen to keep the mounts, and reinforce them, so we could install a permanent center stand. Therefore, the frame clearance with the center stand might be a little tighter on some RX3 bikes than others. In any event, if necessary, it only requires a little trimming with an angle grinder to fix the problem. This 2nd generation, center stand is very nice, and I would not be concerned about doing a little grinding to make it fit. One will do less grinding to install this center stand than he would to install the CSC skid plate.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894