View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 12:15 AM   #706

Working_ZS, Thanks for the heads up on the centerstand.

You are correct the stock 35 watt H4 is not safe. However, the GENSSI Elite conversions are not legal. That is why I rigged up a pair of military specification LEDs from J. W. Speaker. Not cheap, but they light well and meet DOT specs. I had to take those off because a police officer decided they are illegal. They are 100% legal right down to the "DOT" mark cast into the bullet proof lens. See, I intend to allow this 19-year old with a badge and a pistol for which he can't buy bullets to make a fool of himself in the courtroom. My brother-in-law, who happens to be a way higher up in law enforcement, printed off the legal codes for me to present to the judge to make my case. These headlights meet new NHTSA regulations that haven't even gone into effect, yet.

Two speaker headlights alone light roads better than the Harley Daylighter LED 3 light system without blinding oncoming drivers. Once I get my Speakers back on the bike I have 2 more to mount on the low bars as auxiliary lights.

I am thinking about these next: http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/ad...91-adaptive-2/ They are super expensive so might be a while.