View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 04:18 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
...Then, what price would it be worth to purchase a Zongshen vs. the Honda dual sport? Even with the quality improvement over the years, and the extras thrown into the deal, could someone realistically charge more than $3000 in the US? $3500, and you are only a grand away from Honda's MSRP, which doesn't make a big difference if you need to finance either one, as far as monthly payments go...
I've been quoting the wholesale price for these bikes. As I stated, one would also have to add shipping costs from China, import fees, taxes, et cetera. I agree with Culcune. After all the costs are added, these bikes would not be competitive with the new Hondas being sold in the United States, let alone with the great deals available for used, Japanese motorcycles.

Also, owning a Chinese motorcycle in North America is much more challenging than owning a European or Japanese motorcycle, since the Chinese don't have any support network for parts, repair, et cetera. As always, whenever the price of a new Chinese motorcycle starts to approach $2,000, one is usually much better off to start looking for good deals on slightly used, Japanese motorcycles.

Nevertheless, I still like this Zongshen ZS250GY-3 motorcycle. I think this bike will sell well in the Philippines, Thailand, Belarus, and many other countries. Although this bike probably won't be imported to North America in any quantity for several years, if ever, I am still interested to learn more about this motorcycle. Also, we must recognize these forums have an international membership, and many of our members around the world will consider this bike a very viable option in their countries.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 09-15-2015 at 08:16 PM.