View Single Post
Old 02-16-2023, 12:51 PM   #73

As i commented in the "WDYBT" thread a moment ago i bought a bunch of wiring stuff for a couple reasons.

1. I needed to replace tools lost when i moved in 2016
2. Needed supplies for a project on this truck

In regard to #2 i am working on wiring a push button for the starter for colder weather as it can be difficult to get the key to turn to the "On" position let alone turn it to "Start" when it is -27C or colder. Granted this is only when i do not plug in the ceramic heater i picked up in november to warm the cab for a few hours before use. But then again i do not always have the option to do so. This will be the first of the buttons going into the ammo can console in the center of the truck. And since i might be moving the console slightly offset to the passenger side in the near future for a later project i will need to make it a point to leave some slack in the wiring from this. Basically the plan is to eventually offset it by about 2-3" to allow me to fit a B&M Unimatic or similar floor shifter roughly where a T case shifter would be in a K10 4x4. At which point i will likely talk to a local sheet metal shop about making a shroud that will be riveted to that side of the can instead of using a boot on the floor. Part of that will be also a slightly raised platform to move the can up level with the seat

Also due to an accident in November it looks like i will be either repairing the box, replacing it with one from another truck or a full on flatbed conversion. I do have that box out at my friends place but he was telling me recently it only looks good because all the rot and rust on it was hidden. So its looking more likely i will be going the route of the flatbed.

But the bed is not completely being scrapped however. The floor is still in good condition and i will be saving it for a potential new project i may be picking up in the spring. Said potential new project is a 1980 GMC Sierra Classic I cant remember if it says Heavy Half or Big 10 on the corners of the bed. None the less both mean the same thing and that it is a heavy duty 1/2 ton like this '84 with the J5 heavy duty brakes and likely similar spec suspension. This truck has decent bed sides while the floor is shot which is completely the opposite situation to the '84. Before i found out the spare bed was shot i was thinking i was gonna use its sides on the '84 and the floor on the '80 if i picked it up. Hell this may still happen. I will need to take a good look at the spare bed for myself to determine if it is no good or not.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)