View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 01:55 PM   #67

So...i blame Weld for this...reading his idea for paint reminded me of the so called "Rustolium paint job" I have seen it mentioned all over the place on the various forums i am on. Basically it is what weld suggested...correction it is exactly what Weld suggested but using a different thinner as Tremclad is basically the Canadian version of Rustolium. Anyways this thought path lead me to the local Benjamin moore paint store and looking at their rust paint to at the very least use a slightly better quality paint for the task. As i had heard Rustolium/Tremclad did not hold up very well on the longer term. This resulted in looking at their Corrotech line of paints. I am going to end up painting the truck in one of two schemes. One being a two tone using a darker blue such as patriot blue or similar with a color called OSHA blue. Or a solid one color scheme using the OSHA blue. The two tone idea came to mind when i was considering using the box i got with the '86 as it is almost a patriot blue in color. The single tone idea came about when i made the decision to use that box on the '86 instead of installing a flatbed like i planned. So now the search is on for a dually box for the '84 to build it into a Phantom Dually.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)