View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
That's the one! I got mine on a smokin' sale for around 200, new (not refurb). I really like the nitro piston. You can leave it cocked indefinitely (though I don't) and there's no mega-TWANG from a spring. The Bone Collector is the same guts with a different stock setup.

For gopherin' now, I picked up this Benjamin pistol. It's a .177, is amazingly accurate when set up correctly and will shred the head clean off a surfacing rodent. I was amazed at it's power. It's a nitro piston also. We've had such a problem with gophers it's nuts. They've destroyed almost everything Mrs. 2LZ has planted, have destroyed what little lawn we had in the small fenced yard, and have even undermined my deck pier blocks. We've smoked them, poisoned them, flooded them. Nothing works but a pellet in the pumpkin.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Benjamin-T...istol/23763906

You'll find all modern trigger basically suck because they're designed to. They have a long pull (either primary or secondary) and a hard release for "safety" so they don't accidently go off. There are work-arounds for this.
Varmint patrol makes you feel like your doing something, but in the end, they always win. They have many cousins ,sisters, brothers etc...Nice pistol too
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~