View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #10

Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchitti View Post
The AGM (gelfilled glass mat) are the best option for longevity. Go pick up a cheap trickle charger from Walmart or online. Should be no more than $30. Plug it in ever couple of days or leave it on when ever your not riding.
I just re-read what I wrote--I do have the mat battery, not gel-filled, as that is what T-Motorsports sent. I meant to say, I got a gel battery as opposed to traditional acid-filled one. Doh!

I think I only had to use my battery charger once (2-amp) when I left my keys in and turned to 'on' for an hour or so. That must have been during Christmas time, and have not had to use it since.

Part of the reason I went this route was the fact that it could be sent directly through the mail. I seemed to have found a few barriers to mail-ordering with acid batteries. Although it has been a relatively short time, if it is just as straight forward to mail order acid batteries via T-Motorsports, if this battery's 'experiment' does not work out, and I need a new battery. But so far, so good!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard