Thread: 1999 GMC Sierra
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #1

1999 GMC Sierra

Inspired by Katoranger, I decided to start a thread about the hillbilly repairs I've done to my old truck. I picked it up two years ago from a buddy at Church who was down on his luck; he was going to sell the truck to a scrap yard for $350.00, so I gave him $500.00 for it. It had new shocks, fuel filter, alternator, battery and tires. It had 365000km (226800 miles) on it, but the 4.8l LS motor runs strong and doesn't burn or leak oil.

The truck needed rear brakes and rear axle service, and my buddy couldn't sink the cash into it. He was trying to move to Saskatchewan, and just needed it gone.

It had a contractor canopy on it, and I promptly sold it for $250.00. I used that cash for rear calipers, axle seals, bearings and part of the parking brake cable assembly.

I can't find a pic of how it sat when I brought it home, but here's how it sits now, after a spring swap. More on that later.

1999 Sierra.jpg

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer