Thread: Coleman CT200U
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 11:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM View Post
If you get a chance to pick up a Tote Gote, DO NOT pass on it. I would love to have one. A buddy of mine had a very nice Gote that sat in his storage building for years and years. I tried to buy it many, many times but he would not sell it to me. He moved and we lost contact for awhile but a few years ago, I saw him out and offered him $200 for the Tote Gote. He just look down speechless. He had sold it the previous day for $25. Unbelievable! He had totally forgotten that I asked him about that bike every time I saw him. Even after me tell him over and over, he didn't realize what the Gote was and what he had. He just thought it was a mini bike. Crazy!

The Tote Gote was designed in 1957 and was sold by the Bonham Corporation until they closed in 1970. It was first called the 'Mechanical Gote' and was developed by Ralph Bonham for hunters to carry or 'tote' game animals out of remote hunting grounds.

The Rokon series of motorcycles was first designed in 1958 by Charlie Fehn. It was original named Trailmaker. Nethercutt Industries bought the designs in 1960 and named it Trail-Breaker. The first bikes were manufactured and sold by Nethercutt and Rokon was not founded until 1963 to sell and then, manufacture those bikes when Nethercutt lost interest in them. Ownership of the design and company has changed several times. They are now made in New Hampshire by Tom Blais. The history is very interesting.

SamM

Oh, Ok so they were both designed to do the same basic idea but two different ways about it. I will find out soon enough about the gote. As far as i know so far it is just a rolling chassis with no motor. Easy enough problem to solve.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)