View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 10:37 AM   #20

I am in the camp that feels you should stay away from 'Manny' but there have been good reviews about his companies--mainly from a few people buying Hawks. Ricky Power Sports (RPS) is headquartered in the Dallas area, and pretty much ANY online dealer is having the bike drop-shipped from RPS. In other words, he is the online dealer physically closest to RPS, and besides that, Adam Renkleff, the representative from RPS, is a member here and is easy enough to get hold of at RPS. It seems that APSCUSA is the one having issues with drop-shipping (and maybe shipping in general) lately. I think they had ordered a bunch of Hawks a year or so ago, and shipped them out of their shop directly. Once those ran out, so did their customer service, it seems, as they cannot keep track of drop-shipping. I feel comraderie in spirit with AZHULE, but his issue was not with a Hawk, it was with a sale priced Bashan that AZHULE is convinced (and it sure sounds like) was a floor model that was taken apart (he figured that part out from the apparently sun faded plastics), thrown into a box, and shipped to him, and 'Manny' would not make good on any of the parts that were damaged, and tried to insinuate that since he (AZHULE) had 'gotten such a good deal' he should be happy with the bike. Another member from Georgia had just recently had bought a Hawk, and was told at his local DMV office that he could not register it. He wrote a post here on Chinariders telling fellow members to NOT buy a Hawk from Manny if they live in Georgia, and Manny replied and actually insinuated that it was a buyer beware situation since he should have read the disclaimer. Yes, Manny is correct, but in the bigger picture, if I had a local AND mail-order business, I would most assuredly want my out of state buyers to be 100% certain they could register their Hawk assuming street riding/registration is on most peoples' minds. There are alternatives that Manny, himself, sells, so it is not like he has to lose a sale! I feel both of these members' pain, so will agree to be cautious, and see if there is a better alternative.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Last edited by culcune; 02-12-2017 at 05:05 PM.