Thread: Odd build
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 05:17 PM   #29

Move your rear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChondaChondaChonda View Post
Wired everything up today and put the "magic" button on the handlebars. Starts right up and runs great! Haven't ridden it yet, just sat on it and imagined some.

I want to change the oil first thing and get the sprocket figured out before I venture too far. This bike is plated and insured so I'm jonesin to get it back on the road.

Also need to figure out a good way to mount the starter solenoid. Will post some pics when its figured out.
Nice crossbreed build. For the sprocket alignment, do you have enough clearance on the right side of the rear tire to move the hub over? Even if not the full 8mm, any shift would be good. If you don't have spare hub spacers laying about to play with, find a nice fat washer to add to the left side and cut/grind the same amount off the right side spacer.

Having said that, considering the distance between sprockets I'm not sure that the misalignment would really be an issue. A bit of wear will occur on the sides of the sprockets until the 3 components wear in to each other, but how long do chains & sprockets last anyway?

Jay (more than slightly off center).