View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
Very good!!!!!!

It is a mystery where the slime came from and how it got in the tank. These problems are not common and why it is best to always stay with engine basics.

1. Compression.
2. Air (clean and a lot).
3. Fuel (also clean and a lot).
4. Spark.

Wishing you many kilometers of smiles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Wondering if the black sludge came from one of the places you bought gas from. Grudge from bottom of their tanks? rj
thanks guys...

yes thats what my team mates think as well as the "Very" last refuling station was a remote town where the petrol was only available in large barrels with hand pump and the price was 20% higher then normal ..

the hand pump hose is dipped deep down in the barrel.. and it rained heavily a day back.. in the evening before leaving i topped up from there as I new next two days there would be no feul...

and I started noticing "no bzzzz" the very next morning...

By the way I am keeping still a close eye on fuel pump "cutout"/"relay" which is under the pillion seat... I noticed it gets warm (kind of hot) in minute of a more... does not progress to complete melt down or over heat but it stays "quite" hot.... is that usual ?

Any one ever noticed that ? I still have few weeks of summer thinking to go south... but I want to make sure to come back on two wheels thats why asking... if its some thing to worry about or not..

I am talking about this thing =
Attached Images

- Adventure Touring# RX3 - 2017
- Dirt Machine# FSE-450 - 2022
- Classic# Honda CD175 - 1977
- Daily Runner# 1992 - CG125 (engine swap CB250 Sleeper)
- Project#1 : 1995 - Honda C70 w/ 180cc engine swap